- Types of Personal Information
A participant’s name, gender, place of residence and date of birth.
Historical information concerning past teams who played for ISC.
Participant’s parents; name, address, telephone number(s), email addresses and fax,
E-mail addresses for membership communication.
Skill levels, ability, emergency contacts and health concerns, other registration information.
ISC collects personal information for the purposes of; registering players, coaches, referees and volunteers; facilitating emergency contacts; facilitating electronic updates/contacts.
ISC Board of Directors is accountable for the compliance with this Policy. ISC Board of Directors will be responsible for responding to access requests, corrections and complaints in accordance with this Policy.
- Identifying Purposes
- ISC collects personal information for the purpose of providing Soccer programs, which endeavors to meet the individual needs of each participant.
- ISC recognizes that Soccer is a physical sport and injuries are to a certain extent, inherent in the game. Medical records, medical history and medical forms of the individual may be of assistance in an emergency situation and as such may be requested. While participants are under no obligation whatsoever to supply this information and may refuse to do so without penalty, the International Soccer Club will consider receipt of this information as consent for its subsequent use in an emergency medical situation.
- ISC will request individual permission for the use of any data collected which is extraneous to that which has been identified below, unless said usage is authorized or required by law.
- All information is kept for the duration of five years or as long as required to fulfill the purposes identified, unless permission is obtained from the member providing the information to hold it for a different length of time.
- Team coaches will receive the participants name, gender, date of birth, telephone number(s), and parents/guardians name(s) solely to be used for communication and management of the team.
- All data collected by ISC shall be maintained in the ISC’s office.
- ISC will use the personal information for the uses specified in Identifying Purposes section.
If at any time you wish to withdraw your consent to the use of your information for any purpose, you may do so by contacting the ISC’s Board of Director by email at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and by providing reasonable written notice.
- ISC may collect personal information without consent where reasonable to do so and where permitted by law.
- Limiting Collection
- ISC shall not indiscriminately collect information. The amount and type of information collected shall be limited to that which is required to fulfill its identified purposes.
- ISC will not use any form of deception in gaining personal information from its members.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
- ISC, and its Member, shall limit the use of personal information collected to purposes that are listed in the Identifying Purposes Section and in the Consent section and will not disclose the information for other purposes except as authorized or required by applicable law.
- Team coaches will remove, return to ISC or destroy any team lists or documentation containing personal participant information once the session or season has been completed.
- ISC may disclose your personal information to a government authority that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where the association has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of an unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by the court, person, or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of the information or otherwise as authorized or required by applicable law.
- ISC shall retain documents concerning registration, performance activities, discipline, events and honor and awards received for specific periods of time dependent upon necessity or destroyed accordingly when it is deemed appropriate. More specifically:
- Registration data will be retained for a three-year period after an individual has left the ISC programs in the event that an individual chooses to return to ISC’s programs after leaving.
- Parental/Family information will be maintained for a similar three-year period after a member has left our programs.
- Other personal information will be retained by ISC for regulated timeframes as requested by legislation governing its operation and/or the information provided, after, which time (unless consent is given to keep information for a longer period) the information will be destroyed in a secure manner.
If there is no legislative requirements to retain other information it will be kept for a minimum of 24 months from the time it was provided.
- ISC shall strive to ensure to the extent that it can, that the information entrusted to it is maintained in an accurate manner. ISC shall attempt to maintain the privacy interests of the individual and attempt to ensure that decisions are not made for or about an individual based on personal information that may be flawed.
- ISC shall only update information if a request is made in writing.
- Security safeguards will be implemented to ensure your personal information is protected from theft as well as unauthorized use or access, disclosure, copying, or modification thereof.
- All information collected by ISC will be considered highly sensitive. As such, a high level of security will be practiced at all times.
- Methods of protection and safeguards to be employed shall include but in no way be necessarily limited to locked files, offices and storage areas, and need to know access as well as technological measures such as passwords.
- These measures will be subject to yearly reviews by ISC and its Board of Directors to ensure the best methods possible are being utilized to maximize effectiveness.
- Individual Access
- Upon request by the individual concerned, subject to applicable legislation, ISC shall disclose whether or not it actually holds personal information on an individual. – ISC shall disclose the source of this information when requested and provide an account of third parties to whom the information may have been disclosed.
- ISC may request sufficient information to confirm your identity before releasing any personal information to you.
- Subject to applicable legislation, ISC shall endeavor to provide this information within 30 days of receipt of the request for information and only charge nominal fees – for the purpose of satisfying its expenses incurred in the supply of requested information. This information shall be in format understandable to you.
- Challenging Compliance
- Prospective members and staff may challenge ISC’s compliance with this Policy by contacting ISC’s Board of Director. Upon receipt of a complaint the ISC shall make available the complaint procedures, which will be simple and easy to access.
- ISC shall investigate all complaints received. If the complaint is deemed justified, ISC shall take the appropriate steps to ensure that compliance is achieved and will make any necessary changes to its policies to allow for compliance in the future.
- All complaints shall be addressed to ISC Board of Director. ISC’s policies and procedures must be adhered to in order to have the challenge dealt with in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- Contacting Us